Brain Builders offers in house curriculum (meaning we create the classes and curriculum for our families) with a small student to teacher ratio. The curriculum is very hands on and we cater/ adjust the curriculum of the needs of the students. Many classes are taught by a credentialed teachers (some with 20 years experience).
Students and families share with us that they like to partake in Brain Builders year after year not just for the experience but for the environment as well.
Brain Builders has served Orange County since 2002 starting in Laguna Niguel and most recently opened our Old Town Tustin location. Our classes are STEM based and we encourage students to apply the concepts they learn to create their own projects, not just building from a set of instructions. This year Brain Builders will offer more high school A-G classes than ever, using UCScout as a guide.
These classes include:
English 9th and 10th grades
SS- The Big History Project
Math- Pre-Algebra and Algebra
Science Lab- Biology, Chemistry, Physical Science, Physics
The Study is located on the 2nd floor of Brain Builders in Tustin and offers the following:
- College Guidance Concierge Service– From essay writing to applications and self-branding, The Study creates an individualized educational plan for your success starting with Assessment, the Development of a Plan and finally Implementation with regular check-ins
- Tutoring– The Study offers One on One Tutoring, Small Group Tutoring and Study Hall (a quiet, supervised time to work on online and textbook curriculum)
- Homework Therapist– Helping students form beneficial habits in test taking, organization, note taking, and even managing stress
- Test Prep– The Study offers preparation not just for the ACT / SAT / PSAT. We practice techniques for handling testing anxiety, Study Skills and organization.
- Study Hall – Students can work at their own pace on their own projects, while having full access to lap tops, wifi, and office equipment (including printing services ) all in our comfortable , supervised collegiate environment.