Unicorns are all the craze on Instagram right now! So, I decided that I need to get in on the craze and create some FUN kid friendly cookies!!! And boy are these Unicorn Cookies delicious and easy to make! The BEST part about these colorful cookies is you only need four ingredients to make them and they are all items that you likely already have in your pantry!! Are you ready for some FUN!?
Makes 15-18 cookies. Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp vanilla (use extract or vanilla beans/paste)
- food coloring (if desired)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Put softened butter into a bowl of a stand mixer and mix until smooth.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix together on slow/medium speed until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide cookie dough into small bowls.
- Add food coloring of choice into the bowls and mix with a fork until the food coloring is thoroughly mixed into the dough.
- Using a small cookie scoop (or spoon) scoop out a small amount of each color and place into a large cookie scoop (press lightly into scoop) and then release onto a cookie sheet OR place all of the dough into one bowl and scoop out cookie dough grabbing a little of each color in each scoop.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes and then remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Share and Enjoy!
This is such a FUN activity to do with your kids! And it’s easy enough for them to do without much supervision!
Baking with Melissa hosts in-home Baking Birthday Parties and Cupcake Decorating Parties in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Do you like this recipe and want to see more like it? Be sure to subscribe to this blog and follow Baking with Melissa on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
For this amazing and vibrant food coloring, find my friends at Artisan Accents HERE!
Baking with Melissa
Welcome to Baking with Melissa™! As Seen on Season 1 of Lifetime’s new show Supermarket Superstar!