Irvine Fun Facts
Many television shows and movies were filmed here including The Hangover,
Shark Tank, Criminal Minds, The Bachelor, The Real Housewives of Orange
County, Total Divas, and more!
2. On the list of FBI crime rankings of cities, Irvine has been named “America’s
Safest Big City” 15 times (since 2005).
3. 1⁄3 of the city is taken up by parks, open space, and trails.
4. The velocity of light was measured on Irvine Ranch, making an important step in
determining the speed of light in 1929.
5. Comedian Will Ferrell is one of the few celebrities who are from the city of Irvine.
Tustin Fun Facts
1. The city was founded by a carriage maker named Columbus Tustin in 1868.
2. Tustin was the home to 3 military bases during World War II.
3. “Red Hill” in Tustin was named after mercury was deposited onto the hill due to
4. Tustin High School was built in 1921, and during that time it was outside of the
5. Celebrities from Tustin include Rachel Kimsey from The Young and the Restless,
Matthew Lillard from Scooby Doo, Caroline Sunshine from Disney Channel’s
Shake it Up, and Cuba Gooding Jr. from Jeremy McGuire.
Orange Fun Facts
1. The city of Orange was built and planned around a plaza.
2. The town’s first rail service, created in 1886, was a 4.04-mile (6.5-km) long
horsecar line that was named the Santa Ana, Orange & Tustin Street Railway.
3. The city was not named after the fruit, as there were no orange trees in the city at
the time of its creation.
4. The first school opened on March 26, 1872.
5. In 1978 and 1979, the professional soccer team “California Sunshine” played its
league games in the city.
Anaheim Fun Facts
1. The Anaheim Convention center is the largest convention center on the West
2. The Anaheim Ducks professional hockey team was created because of the
Mighty Ducks movie.
3. German pioneer families founded the city in 1857.
4. The name Anaheim means “home by the river”
5. Disneyland’s location was originally an 160-acre orange grove, purchased by
Walt Disney because he wanted the park to be in proximity to Los Angeles and
near one of the main highways.
For More Information: