Mission Bay is known for boasting it’s 27 miles of shoreline, serene landscape, savory selections of food and rich outdoor culture. Hyatt Mission Bay is hands down the winner of staycation+ vacation destinations.
It’s not hard to decide where to head for a weekend getaway. If you are looking for a local getaway this is your spot.
For many of us working and learning remoting keeps at home. This year for my Son’s Birthday celebration we knew that having a traditional party was not in the plan. So we opted for something even better. We decided to take school and work on the road. We wanted to feel like we were in Paradise, swept off our feet with amenities and good food at our fingertips. That is exactly what we got.
We arrived to find that the Hotel Lobby is set up respectively following the Covid19 Guidelines. Upon entering the lobby you are welcomed with a ice cold water Bottle and given a map of the premises.
All in the details from the self cleaning elevator buttons to the touchless key entry to the Hotel Room make your experience a stand out right away.
Upon entering the Room, we were stunned. The Million Dollar View is fabulous. The Rooms are clean , chic and immediately you are ready to relax!
We knew we had to do work and homework, so we got down to business and made sure to get to our projects. What is fantasitic is taking a lunch break down poolside then taking a break for a swim before heading back up to the room to finish your work.
Such a great time saver for families to know all you have to do to have your littles burn off some enery is to head to the pool for some fun on the 3 slides. This is epic! The kids will love this special treat at the pool – with no line during the week, the kids can go on repeat until they have to get back to online class.
The rooms do have an A/C tho in our case we did not need it since the ocean breeze kept the room nice and cool.
After work and class, no driving , no store runs, the break parents need
We just headed back down to the Pool again and had dinner and drinks poollside.
Moms can enjoy their favorite cocktail by the pool. I had a delicious Margarita.
Enjoyed Mouthwatering Fish Tacos
We spent afternoons after school and work, walking the property with its magical setting of palm trees and lights that come up during the evening time.
The Marina is a lovely backdrop to take photos or enjoy the Sunset.
We find this getaway allows to recharge and try new experiences. This is really a great time to be flexible. Try new things with the kids .If you are working and schooling remotely heading south to visit the Hyatt Regency Mission Bay is a mini vacation. It is romantic, you are more relaxed because the routine of home chores can be put on hold for a few days.
View from the Balcony
This Escape is a gem for families. If you are thinking of Thanksgiving and Christmas Plans? Consider this Hyatt Regency Mission Bay for you and your family.
Here is how to feel confident in creating an appropriate space for the kids:
Help them organize their desk and classwork (find a space in the Hotel Room to use ) We had a large Desk and Chairs in the Room.
For us, we moved around from the Desk, to standing and using the Patio to join our virtual meetings.
Essential gear, if you know you are only heading out for 2 -3 days take what you need.
Safeguard their computer. You are at a Hotel so make sure to check your Privacy Settings.
When it comes to this hotel, guests say its excellent waterfront location and elegant decor set it apart from nearby properties. We could not agree more!
And once you step foot in the Hyatt Mission Bay Hotel you’ll see why. The lobby is decked out with fireplaces and chic open space while guest rooms overlook the City’s beloved harbor. Accommodations feature flat-screen TVs, complimentary internet access, large bathrooms and rainfall showers. However, what keeps guests coming back to this impressive hotel is the friendliness of its staff. The Customer Service is a particular highlight of the employees’ professionalism and warmth. Plus, you’ll have access to top-rated eats at on-site dining venues such as the Red Marlin Restaurant & Terrace, Market Mission Bay, and Pelican’s on the Bay.
There is Guest Parking available.
Key information to plan in advance:
Choose from a variety of water sports at our on-site marina, including stand-up paddleboards, kayak and boat rentals, Jet Skis, whale-watching excursions, and so much more.
Please call the Front Desk to learn the updates on the class schedule. From complimentary yoga classes to an upgraded s’mores or wine and cheese experience at your own private waterfront fire pit, click the link below to reserve your spot at one of our many onsite hotel activities.
Nearby Beaches: Mission Beach and Pacific Beach, Ocean Beach and La Jolla
Fun for the family Mission Beach Boardwalk and Seaworld all within minutues from the Hotel.
· Please note that the hotel currently has a 24-hour cancellation policy in place to ensure guests can make decisions on travel, based on personal health and safety, without penalty.
· Guests are required to wear a face mask while in shared spaces throughout the hotel. We recommend that you bring your own PPE to be comfortable.
· Appropriate signage will be prominently displayed throughout the hotel, outlining current physical distancing practices, as well as safety and hygiene guidelines.
· Guests will be asked to park in our self-parking lot, as valet services will not be available with the exception of guests requiring special assistance. Please note that our self-parking fee is $42/day.
· Guests will be able to pull up to the main entrance to unload luggage before parking in the self-parking lot.
· Employees will not open doors of cars or taxis.
· For contactless check in, guests are encouraged to download the World of Hyatt App https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/en/rewards/mobile.html
· Plexiglass has been installed at the front desk.
· All guestroom keys will be sanitized before distribution.
· Front office hosts will be spaced every other station to allow for social distancing.
· Guests will be asked to put their credit card in the machine themselves and it will be sanitized between uses.
· Check-in lines will be marked with floor stickers to ensure that social distancing is followed.
Hotel Guest Elevators:
· Elevator button panels will be disinfected at regular intervals, at least once per hour.
· Signage will be posted to explain the current procedures.
· Guests are encouraged to only enter the elevators with those in their own party.
· Hand sanitizer will be provided outside of each elevator bank on the lobby level.
Guest Room Disinfection and Housekeeping Services:
There is no room service available but you can call in your requests with no issue at all.
· Guests will be assigned a room that has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
· Industry leading cleaning and disinfecting protocols are used to clean guest rooms, with particular attention paid to high-touch items.
· All bed linen and laundry will continue to be washed in accordance with CDC guidelines.
· Housekeeping services will not be provided for guests staying less than 5 nights. Rooms will be cleaned every 5 days or when rooms are checked out.
· To respect your privacy and to ensure your comfort and safety, additional trash bags have been placed in your guest room. For service, we request that you place outside of your guest room door by 12 noon each day for collection. Should you need extra towels or additional supplies, you may request them at any time by utilizing the World of Hyatt App, dialing guest request at extension “56” or texting us at (858)879-6472
· Your personal phone can now act as your TV remote in your guestroom. Simply download the “Stayconnect” app from the App or Play store. Entry the code shown on your TV to establish a secure connection.
We will be back to stay here. If you have any questions please email us directly and follow along our Stories and Posts on Social Media as well
This is a Irvine MOMS Fave and Kid Approved!